Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm unsocial!

Yes, so be it and I'm proud of it!

This evening I was checking trade channel for some cheap comeins but our server is this lazy that there are no profession offering spams like a big server can make in 10 seconds, so we can read our entire trade chat without missing trolls and flamers.

So I found a guy who was searching for Glyph of Hemorrhage and I said to him that every glyph is at the AH. He was complaining that my prices were ridiculous (kay I am selling his glyph for my fallback at the moment [75g]) and I told him that he realy dont want to know how often people will buy it for this prices. Kay I was lying, there are not that much, but it still sells for this ^^ So he searched for some one other than my glyphs and he found 10 minutes later someone who could craft him his glyph. I say could cause the other guy want to have an Ink of the Sea for this and he had none of them. So the guy who was complaining my prices came back to me and asked me if I want to sell him an Ink of the Sea. I said "Sure I can" and he was quite happy to hear that. Well...the topic said that I'm unsocial. So what did I told him?

"Man you can get your Ink of the Sea for only 75g! It is cheap, trust me" I bought every other Ink of the Sea out of the AH and relist them for 100g each (we had only one stack up at that time for 44g). He complained again over my ridiculous prices, called me an unsocial bastard and got on his ignore list :<

Too bad. I hope my competitors make nice sells to him at even higher prices, cause this guy will never buy again one of my glyphs ^^

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you want to be the bad guy. But hey, it's your style. When I see these people in trade, I usualy double check to make sure I have parchments and the inks listed on the AH. If he is asking for the glyph in trade, he already knows the AH price and does not want to pay it.

    Depending on my mood, I will offer it to him 1/2 price if its in my bag already crafted or say mats + 10g. I know many people will pay fallback price, not everyone will. I still get the sale and it keeps him from shouting in trade. Most of the time they don't know its my auction and I look like the good guy.

    This way they hand me their gold with a smile and thank me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I hear someone asking for something easily craftable in trade chat it's like a warning for me to go craft some and stick them on the auction house for easy money. I'm sure it is for lots of others too, so you really want to give him his glyph just to shut him up.

    Yesterday I heard someone in trade spamming "WTB dream shards paying 25g each". So I check AH and see there's not a single one listed. I craft a bunch of jade dagger pendants to disenchant and list the dream shards for 29g each. They all sold within the hour.

    I rarely respond directly to people in trade, usually they ask for unreasonably low prices and then mess you around wasting your time. But it pays to listen anyway so you can spot unfulfilled demands like the dream shards.

    ReplyDelete